Jul 23, 2013

Music Reading Drawing

Early in the morning,
Marco and his dad arrive kindergarten.
- Have fun, Marco.
See you tonight! -
Thus began a small book that I found by turning around (I can not do without) children ward in library.
Just opened: Oh - I thought - children I meet in kindergarten where I work will enjoy it, they can see themself in reading the things and situations they experience during their day! Do I have to take it with me and do something with music. - Caught!

After some time I am in class with the book in hand.

- Read by myself! - the class educator
- Sure -

She begins to read, kids are listening (I'm lucky because it is something they do often), and shortly after, interrupting the reading, I start with CiaU.

Read on and we find ourselves on a fire truck ... encounter an elephant and a mouse ... get on a train ... go to lunch ... let's take a nap ... we wake up ... have a snack ...

I realized musically with the children some of the situations interrupting the teacher always listening to what I do (I'm so lucky).



In the classroom the teacher hangs
a big white sheet.
Yuppie! It 'time painting!
Plaf, a little 'green, then
also the blue and the red,
of course!
I can not resist ... I give a marker (no-toxic, washable) to each child, I put the sheet on the ground - Stop! Still no ... Wait for music! - And press play on the CD of Amelie.

Everyone starts, doing stretches and some other dots with more or less force, each taken by its very drawing (the teacher first) and I threw me with my pen on the paper doing too little dots to the rhythm of music. I look a bit 'around and I see that the kids (imitating) are going with time (magic). I stop music - Up colors! - I restart music (let's color) ... stop the music ... the music starts ... change track (this time the music makes you want to draw some smooth lines) ... stop the music ... the music starts ... stop the music ... the music starts ... change track (this time the music is very fast) now they have occupied nearly every corner of the sheet and someone even went on the floor (no problem, as I said the colors are washable) ... stop the music.

The next week I found this hanging in the hallway :)


The book (in italian) is this.
The audio tracks used for drawing are No. 1, 2 and 8 of this album.